Monday, September 12, 2011

You've Gotta Love Runners

I was just thinking, that I LOVE runners.  99% of the time they are the most positive, genuinely happy people.  As I was pondering this thought, I realized that runners have this thread in common that links them together in a way that makes them want to be together more and more.  They fill each other with positive energy.  They don't ask,  "What if I can't make it up this hill?"  They just DO IT.

I'm so glad that I am a runner.  We aren't afraid!  We are empowered.  No whiners, no babies!  We know we can push ourselves and achieve greatness.  We refuse to use the words "I could never do that, t's too hard, too high or too far" in our vocabulary.  We are very optimistic.  We all fake it till we make it!

We are all dealing with various aches and pains when our bodies betray us.  At times our energy drops and we are left to dig deep inside to survive our last miles.  Our minds are full of fears and the human stresses of life.  Together we let it all go and bask in the spirit of winning.

We all win just being there.  Just completing that run makes us win.

2 comments: