Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two Weeks to Go

Ok, so I admit I do procrastinate.  I am known to leave a few days worth of dishes in the sink to rot.  My friends and family will tell you I am rarely on time.  I think I've made it to church on time about a handful of times even at the late one o'clock hour!

But you can't fake marathon training.  You can't procrastinate.  And you can't be late for a race.  Let's face it, you can't be late for a run either or the group will leave your butt...

So, I am very proud of myself that I have stuck this marathon training out...and have for the most part done it right.  I've hooked up with the right people.  Athletes that have experience and dedication.  I have actually shown up when it really counts.  I have put the work in.  Week in and week out.  Even on vacation...I have tried.  And it's all worth it!  It's the one thing in my life that makes me feel like I really am strong.  That I can overcome any obstacle, if I just press on.  I can let go of any roadblock, stress, concern, regret or sorrow--and leave it safely behind me.  I have no choice but to have faith and hope that I will be able to go faster and farther than I have been before...or, even still, go at all.

I look forward to marathon day when I can lay it all down and enjoy the race...I don't want to lose the joy in it.  So whether I qualify in St. George this year or next, I have decided to truly enjoy it and realize that I will be happy just to finish knowing I have given it everything I've got.  I know that the hard part will be to keep going when all my body and mind want to do is STOP.  It will hurt for sure.  I'll feel like dying for sure.

How is this joy, you ask?

Well, it's in the pushing through...and BLOWING your own MIND!

The joy comes when you look back on the 26.2 miles and say, "Holy crap, I just did that--YES I DID!"      

3 comments:

  1. You are so adorable! I know you can do it Jen! Push through it like you push through life. Your path is your iron rod, hold to it! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling! It's awesome looking back for sure:) You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen ... i loved this. a lot. and "st. george marathon im gonna kick your a**!" was hysterical! it's fun right??

    loves.

    jf

    ReplyDelete