Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don't Hate the Fat

I just have to make this post.  I went to a trainer a couple of times and he was fantastic.  In a perfect financial world, I would have stuck with it, but unfortunately my cash flow is minimal.  Anyhoo, he taught me some great things in the 2+ hours I spent with him.  One of which was how to eat while getting fit...if your interested in the details, my menu has been listed in a previous post.  The second pearl of wisdom that I gained was his info on fat.  Not fat that we eat, but fat on our bodies.  It got me thinking...

We all carry fat in different ways (and spots) on our bodies.  He told me, WE ALL HAVE A TROUBLE SPOT ON OUR BODIES WHERE EXTRA FAT IS STORED.

Some of us carry it on our hips, our butt, our legs, our face, and in my case, our stomachs.  Genetically, I have some lean hips and legs--but yikes, oh that belly--it's so soft!  Come on, you know that spot on your body that you'd love to have sucked out, never to be seen again.  But I thought about this and have come to a conclusion.  We need to identify this spot and give it a pass.  Let it be.  Love it.  Embrace it.  Think of it as an energy source.  You have to have it somewhere--so why not there?  It's ok, you are allowed one wonderfully squishy, soft, bumpy, fatima spot.  Don't hate the fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment