Sunday, August 21, 2011

In An Instant

I just skimmed my last post and it makes me laugh because I had the best run and felt so strong, but the worst recovery.  In fact my left foot hurt so badly by Monday that I thought for sure I had a stress fracture.  I got an x-ray and nothing showed.  I don't really know what's wrong with it.  All I know is it has hurt like a bruise on the top of my foot  all week and even on my Saturday run yesterday.  I was supposed to run 20 miles.  I started with Miko and Monique, but ended up running with Will for 12.  We did 12 miles at a 9:25 pace.  Then I did my remaining 8 on an elliptical.  It was fun for a change of pace and I love the cozy-ness of the gym--but can I really count those miles?  Well, according to Miko, the runner's at BYU would do their milage on ellipticals when they were injured.  So all I did the whole week was two Cycle classes and one weight training session.  NO RUNNING.  I didn't want to push it for a 20 miler...

I have to say that I never got into my groove like I normally do on this long run.  I was running scared.  Scared that my foot won't heal by crunch-time.  Oooooh!  I hate injuries!  If it's not one thing, it's another.  It used to be my hamstring--now that is ok and the problem has moved down to my foot.  Ice helps.  I have been icing 20 minutes twice or three times a day hoping that it will fully heal.

I'm praying for a full recovery next week...it's so important not to take anything for granted.  Things can so easily change in an instant...

No comments:

Post a Comment